This is a short update on our future. Things have changed in the publishing world, and we’ve grown a lot these past couple of years.
We’re reviewing what we’ve done and what we haven’t done. We needed to, cause there’s now 5000 of you.
Yup. Five. Thousand. Mythographers. How awesome is that?
- The serialized format that was popular 2 years ago is gone now. So we’re revamping some series into the classic trilogy format. Namely, Maniai Case Files and Heartbreaker. Expect those to be fattened up, you’ll get an email when that happens. If you delete the file from your ereader and redownload you’ll get the new version.
- We’re focusing on print editions. People seem to still like paper books, go figure! We’ve started making these available to you, first title to become available will be The Impossible Quest of Hailing a Taxi on Christmas Eve, very soon. Like this week, soon.
- Upcoming titles and draft chapters are up on Patreon. If you want the polished stuff, do nothing and shop on Amazon or the other retailers from us. But if you want to be in all the crazy, read draft chapters, give feedback and get heard, get on Patreon and open the bags of Aeolus.
- Audiobooks are here to stay. We love audiobooks, and some of you like them too. We’ll keep bringing titles in audio, with some of the novels slotted for production early 2018.
- You seem to really like the omnibus, Myth Gods Tech. It was an afterthought for us but it seems to be quite popular. Maybe it’s the big letters or something. We’ll update it soon with our new content and keep it DLC enabled, meaning that you can redownload it and it will contain the updated version. If you bought it, there’s no added cost, ever.
- We’re consolidating our social media channels. The most active accounts are on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. If you’re on there, follow us so you get all the new stuff and the offers. If you want to hang out, we also have a chat room on Discord (Unmoderated, probably NSFW.)
- We’ve started new partnerships with excellent artists in various fields. Narrators, illustrators (check out Antune Sketch.)
- We messed up the Mystery Loot Chest but it was funny and you seemed to like it, so we’re keeping it. It was a 2 a.m. brain fart that worked out nicely. We’re giving a hint on the Loot Chest page on what to expect inside. It will always be an unpublished short story, taking place somewhere near our other stories. For now it’s the same first chest, but we’ll let you know when it updates.
- We’re ditching Kindle Unlimited, or Kindle Select. We know some people really like Amazon’s Unlimited offer, but it requires exclusivity and we just can’t do that. The world is big, bigger than just the US. We tried it out, it didn’t fit our goals and now we’re rolling everything out of it. For non KU members this changes nothing. For KU members, well, we can’t do anything unless the exclusivity clause is lifted. Boo hoo. Send your woes to Amazon in email format.
- We’ve launched official torrents. “You what? Really?” Yes, really. Read the page if you want to find out why we’re doing that.
What to expect in 2018?
Expect more Nanodaemons, more Muses and the zany new series Cyberpink. Expect some titles to be tightened up and published into trilogies. Now that we’ve gotten excellent feedback from you, we can focus our efforts in stories that you like.
Make sure you’re in the Certified Mythographers so don’t miss an email.